[comp.sys.apple] Demo ideas

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (07/11/88)

Note to the world: Sorry for the posting here. Something around here doesn't
like sending mail to Rutgers. However, the comments here apply to the demo
source discussion, so you may find it interesting anyway.

-------- Unsent message follows ---------------

Jason,

thanks for the comments! You should be glad to know that 2 of your three
wishes are in the process of being granted...

1) Use of "Local DP". there are 2 of us working on the demo sources. I don't
know about Jim (the other guy), but I show how to use local dp in 3 of my
programs (in my custom window and control, and in the custom sorter for the
List manager demo). So that should help you out.

2) Font Previewer - there is one guy here who is working on a Font Stats
program. It is his first GS program, so he is not coming along with it fast
enough to get it out on the first disk. However, he does have it showing what
the fonts look like (amoung other things). Hey! How about HodgePodge!?! that
shows fonts. Granted, it is not the ideal Font Previewer program, but it'll do
in a pinch.

3) Make for APW. That certainly seems to be a big request. I think I have a
copy of your program (there is a file in my directory called GSMake that does
what you described), but the programmers working on APW will probably want to
do their own. However, it may not happen for a while, as resources for APW are
kinda scarce right now while we are working on the MPW IIGS cross-development
system.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know!

Thanks,
Keith Rollin

Keith Rollin                                               amdahl\
Developer Technical Support                           pyramid!sun !apple!keith
Apple Computer                                             decwrl/
"You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"

DEFFER@CGEUGE51.BITNET (07/13/88)

Keith Rollin <claris!apple!keith@AMES.ARC.NASA.GOV> writes:

>2) Font Previewer - there is one guy here who is working on a Font Stats
>program. It is his first GS program, so he is not coming along with it fast
>enough to get it out on the first disk. However, he does have it showing what
>the fonts look like (amoung other things). Hey! How about HodgePodge!?! that
>shows fonts. Granted, it is not the ideal Font Previewer program, but it'll do
>in a pinch.

Hodgepodge needs to have fonts in the /system/fonts directory of your boot
disk (I think). I already gave up swapping 150 font files to a system disk

>3) Make for APW. That certainly seems to be a big request. I think I have a
>copy of your program (there is a file in my directory called GSMake that does
>what you described), but the programmers working on APW will probably want to
>do their own. However, it may not happen for a while, as resources for APW are
>kinda scarce right now while we are working on the MPW IIGS cross-development
>system.
>
>If you have any other suggestions, let me know!

Duh, me is right dumb, but why spend time, money and sweat to develop a
cross-development system on the mac for the GS, instead of improving the GS
development system now that it has one ?

-----
Eric DEFFERARD, University of Geneva, Computer Services
BITNET  DEFFER@CGEUGE51
UUCP    mcvax!cernvax!cui!deffer