[comp.sys.apple] Help with .QQ files from comp.binaries.apple2

pmwenzel@tybalt.caltech.edu (Peter M. Wenzel) (07/18/88)

Marc Rhodes writes:
>>There is some trick to executing this file which I don't know

Joel Sumner answers:
>It is possible that if the program was packed with the Executioner in 6-bit
>packing that there are some extra characters (extra spaces mainly) that could
>be messing things up.. I had a problem for a long time with programs that
>either 1) wouldn't EXEC correctly or 2) would EXEC but not be recognized as a
>Binary II file

I have this problem with every program I download from Apple2-L and
Comp.binaries.apple2.  For some reason, four extra spaces get put on the
blank line before the BSAVE at the end of the posting.  This causes the
BSAVE to work fine, but the final E00G is not executed.  Apparently, this
changes the directory entry to what it's supposed to be.  Either you can
edit each article, removing those spaces on the blank line, or type
CALL -151 and E00G when it's finished.

           ___
       / _     \_/ \__^__/\_/-\               Pete Wenzel
       \__     / @CITRomeo.Bitnet             (818) 577-9005
          \___/ @Juliet.Caltech.Edu