[comp.sys.apple] Question for Applied Engineering CP/M users

mackay@iisat.UUCP (Danial MacKay) (07/19/88)

Hello!

I have had my Z-Ram Ultra III for a year or so, and have played with the
CP/M it runs a little bit, and have recently gotten in touch with some
real CP/M fans.  They claim that any CP/M system must come with an
assembler.  Now I'm sure that no assembler came with my system.

Anyone have any ideas why?  I haven't WANTED the assembler, but the
CP/M guy says it's a must if I do *any*thing with CP/M- apparently lots
of PD software comes un-assembled?  Is there a PD assembler? Hmm.

Any help would be appreciated.  -daniel
---
+---------+				IIS Public Usenet
+---------+			...{utai,uunet,watmath}!dalcs!iisat!mackay

ccasths@pyr.gatech.EDU (Scott Hinckley) (07/20/88)

In article <83@iisat.UUCP> mackay@iisat.UUCP (Danial MacKay) writes:
>real CP/M fans.  They claim that any CP/M system must come with an
>assembler.  Now I'm sure that no assembler came with my system.
>---

I also have no assembler with my AE CPM card.
Is there an Apple CPM users group out there?
If you have an Apple with CPM please E-Mail me and I will compile a list.
I am currently working on getting in touch with a general CPM group here in
Atlanta, anything I have any luck with I will tell those on the list about.

+=======================================================================+
|Scott Hinckley - OCS User Assistant    AKA - Galaxy's End              |
|Georgia Insitute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332                 |
|uucp: ...!gatech!pyr!ccasths            USnail: 345 Peachtree Pl NW    |
|ARPA: ccasths@pyr.gatech.edu                    Atlanta, Ga.  30318    |
+=======================================================================+

marc@lakesys.UUCP (Marc Rassbach) (07/21/88)

I have a Appli-card 6 mhz z80.    I would like to chat with other apple CP/M
owners, for the only time I use my apple in native mode is telecommunications.

I would like to find a DIRECT CP/M to ProDos converter and the ram disk driver
for thcard.    (also a real description of some of the goodies for the card,
ie the DMA)    I do have a full set of CP/M utilities for the card, and they
can be written out in 143k format.   (so if you want 'em, ask!)

Marc Rassbach                  umarque!lakesys!marc

ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (07/23/88)

In article <853@lakesys.UUCP> marc@lakesys.UUCP (Marc Rassbach) writes:

>I have a Appli-card 6 mhz z80.    I would like to chat with other apple CP/M
>owners, for the only time I use my apple in native mode is telecommunications.
>
>I would like to find a DIRECT CP/M to ProDos converter and the ram disk driver
Happily, the recent (1985) Apple system utilities for the UniDisk 3.5 do this,
although I found this out by accident.  (I was identifying and catalogging
disks with it and happend on an unlabeled CP/M disk)
And, they even work on CP/M 3.5 inch disks (I use the NewTech 3.5 driver with
my PCPI card) SIMTEL20.ARPA has other Applicard stuff as well, maybe there's
a bitnet listserver for it. (I don't know of an email access path)

What is the 'DMA' goody?
--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.

Internet: ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu    Phone:(412)268-{2847,3275} CMU-{BUGS,DARK}
Amateur Packet Radio: N3FGW@W2XO, or c/o W3VC, CMU Radio Club, Pittsburgh, PA

marc@lakesys.UUCP (Marc Rassbach) (07/24/88)

I do not have a 3.5 inch drive yet, but I would be interested in obtaining
that driver.    While I'm thinking about it, who would like to help me set up
a set of disks with the different PCIP/Appli-card drivers?    I have one ram
disk driver in my collection.

The DMA is the open socket for a z80 DMA.   I don't understand why it's there,
and have never got a good answer to why it's there.   (also why is the card
optioned for 2764 EPROMs, when the code sits on a 2716?!?)

>I would like to find a DIRECT CP/M to ProDos converter and the ram disk driver
>for thcard.

 There IS a ProDOS program which will convert ProDOS files to CP/M and
vice versa -

APPLE2-L 87-00030   79   656 Chameleon 1 of 2 files
APPLE2-L 87-00031   75   633 Chameleon 2 of 2 files

Murph Sewall     Sewall@UCONNVM.BITNET
Business School  sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut {rutgers psuvax1 ucbvax & in Europe - mcvax}
                 !UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL                        [UUCP]

-+- My employer isn't responsible for my mistakes AND vice-versa!

"It might help if we ran the MBA's out of Washington." - Adm Grace Hopper