[comp.sys.apple] No 'more' in MS-DOS either

>Date:         Tue, 26 Jul 88 23:44:42 GMT
>From:         "William L. rupp" <rupp@COD.NOSC.MIL>
>Subject:      A last shot at the future of the Apple II

>And 640 K RAM certainly allowed the creation of much more powerful
>applications than the 64 K of the Apple II.

Not everyone limited themselves to 64K on their Apple IIs.

>And, as much as I joke about MS-DOG, I mean DOS, it is far superior
>to DOS 3.3 or ProDOS.  Come on, ProDOS doesn't even have a 'type' or
>'more' command the last time I looked.

MS-DOS doesn't have a 'type' or 'more' command either.

Of course, COMMAND.COM does, and it's bundled with it.  Apple doesn't
bundle a traditional command-line interpreter with ProDOS, but
several are available both commercially and as Shareware.  They *do*
have available most things you'd expect after using MS-DOS's
COMMAND.COM, and maybe some stuff you wouldn't.

--David A. Lyons  a.k.a.  DAL Systems
  PO Box 287 | North Liberty, IA 52317
  BITNET: AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS
  CompuServe: 72177,3233