[comp.sys.apple] TIC and ProDOS interrupts

delton@pro-carolina.cts.COM (Don Elton) (08/02/88)

McAllister @ Dockmaster writes:

>In trying to discover why TIC doesn't work with my IIc System Clock, I see
>that the system global page is modified:

>Why do you disable interrupts Don Elton?  Why do you modify the use of the
>system global page?

TIC does not modify the ProDOS global page except via MLI calls Alloc
Interrput and Dealloc Interrupt.  ProDOS itself modifies the global page when
interrupts are used.  Perhaps your clock driver install program depends on
undocumented entry points in the global page that get changed when a program
that follows the rules installs an interrupt handler?  Maybe there's some
other sort of incompatibility problem but TIC doesn't directly modify the
global page.  I've changed a few things in the way TIC initializes itself that
will appear in the next released version (3.00) and Applied Engineering's
version of the program, DataTerm, already has these changes in place.  Maybe
these will help with your problem.

UUCP: [ ihnp4 sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pro-carolina!delton
ARPA: crash!pro-carolina!delton@nosc.mil
INET: delton@pro-carolina.cts.com

Pro-Carolina: 803-776-3936 (300-2400 baud, login as 'register')

US Mail: 3207 Berkeley Forest Drive, Columbia, SC  29209-4111