[comp.sys.apple] Kermit for Apple2

ari@cunixc.columbia.edu (Ari Shamash) (08/01/88)

[Munch...  Munch...]

Does anybody have a public domain copy of Kermit for the Apple II
computer?  I have an Apple II and a super serial card.  I would like
to transfer some test files to a MacIntosh, and I figured this would
be the easiest and cheapest way (I already have kermit for the Mac.)
I tried simple text-capture transfers, but for some reason, Red Ryder,
the Mac Program I was using, lost some data at high baud rates (i.e.
anything over 2400 baud..)

Any help would be appreciated.  Please send me E-Mail, as I don't read
this news group very often.

Ari
--
BITNET:  ashus@cuvmb.bitnet       Let's go   Ari Shamash
ARPANET: ari@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu   METS!  801 Watson, 612 W115th St.

cjl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Charles Lord) (08/02/88)

This was the second request in a week.  SOMEONE post Kermit 3.84
or even 3.83 with docs to comp.binaries.apple2, please?

I also wish to thank those who mailed (or offered to mail) Kermit
to me when I requested it.

--
Charles Lord           ..!decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!cjl    Usenet
Cary, NC               cjl@ecsvax.uncecs.edu        Bitnet

iadt3tb@pyr.gatech.EDU (T. Terrell Banks) (08/03/88)

In article ... someone wrote:
}
}
}This was the second request in a week.  SOMEONE post Kermit 3.84
}or even 3.83 with docs to comp.binaries.apple2, please?
}

              I made the offer on comp.sys.apple before Christmas
        to send a disk (in a dependable mailer) containing the
        "exec" files to create Kermit for the Apple ][ to anyone
        who sends me $3.00US and their regular mail address.  The
        disk boots (DOS3.3) into the unpacker/packer program 'DDD'
        and you then unpack the exec files and the documentation
        file onto blank disks. After that the unpacked text
        files are used, by entering 'EXEC KER384.1', to create the
        Kermit program from the data on the disk.
              If you want to get a copy drop me a note with the
        $3.00 and I'll make you a copy and mail it to you.

                                      Cheers,
                                        Terry Banks

T. Terrell Banks  uucp:                  ...!{backbone}!gatech!gitpyr!iadt3tb
Georgia Insitute of Technology - I.S.A.      Internet: iadt3tb@pyr.gatech.edu
190 Third Street NW                                   Bitnet : iadt3tb@gitvm1
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0185
--

pmwenzel@tybalt.caltech.edu (Peter M. Wenzel) (08/04/88)

In article <6151@pyr.gatech.EDU> iadt3tb@pyr.UUCP (T. Terrell Banks) writes:
>In article ... someone wrote:
>}
>}
>}This was the second request in a week.  SOMEONE post Kermit 3.84
>}or even 3.83 with docs to comp.binaries.apple2, please?

I have 3.83, but what's this about 3.84 all of a sudden?  Is it legitimate?
Kermit Distribution at Columbia University still only has 3.81, so am I
correct in assuming anything more recent is not an official version?

           ___
        __/   \   _
       / _     \_/ \__^__/\_/-\               Pete Wenzel
       \__     / @CITRomeo.Bitnet             (818) 577-9005
          \___/ @Juliet.Caltech.Edu

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (08/05/88)

> I have 3.83, but what's this about 3.84 all of a sudden?  Is it legitimate?
> Kermit Distribution at Columbia University still only has 3.81, so am I
> correct in assuming anything more recent is not an official version?

Version 3.84 is in beta testing.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                  (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU            ARPA: jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,  Bethesda, MD 20892