[comp.sys.apple] Apple IIGS Debugger from APDA

nelson@dad.UUCP (Paul Nelson) (08/17/88)

I just picked up the IIGS debugger from APDA.  The documentation describes
two CDAs called the 'Loader Dumper' and the 'Memory Mangler', but I could
not find these on the distribution disk.  Another trip to the A.P.P.L.E
Co-op revealed that they were not on another disk either.  Calling APDA's
office was amazing since they offer no tech support for the SW they sell.
I was told that if I were a Certified Apple Developer (CAD? :-), I could
get help from Apple, but otherwise I was on my own.  Having invested
nearly $200 on APDA products (APW, APW C, and now the Debugger) I was
rather disturbed by this.  Are APDA products only for the chosed few?
(They seemed happy enough to take my money...) I don't want this
experience to reflect badly on the A.P.P.L.E Co-op which was more than
helpful as usual.  If anyone in net-land knows the story on this please
let me know (is Keith Rollins listening?? ).
							Thanks,
							Paul Nelson
							...tikal!dad!nelson

jockc@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Jock Cooper) (08/18/88)

In article <3493@dad.UUCP> nelson@dad.UUCP (Paul Nelson) writes:
>I just picked up the IIGS debugger from APDA.  The documentation describes
>two CDAs called the 'Loader Dumper' and the 'Memory Mangler', but I could
>not find these on the distribution disk.  ...

I too recently bought the debugger and so far I am happy with it.  My disk
had the Loader Dumper and Memory Mangler CDA's on it, although I believe I
had to copy them from the root dir to SYSTEM/DESK.ACCS.  I noticed that
Loader Dumper was slightly different than the manual described, and my copy
had a bug or two.

ihnp4!killer!jockc

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (08/18/88)

In article <3493@dad.UUCP> nelson@dad.UUCP (Paul Nelson) writes:
>I just picked up the IIGS debugger from APDA.  The documentation describes
>two CDAs called the 'Loader Dumper' and the 'Memory Mangler', but I could
>not find these on the distribution disk.  Another trip to the A.P.P.L.E
>Co-op revealed that they were not on another disk either.  Calling APDA's
>office was amazing since they offer no tech support for the SW they sell.
>I was told that if I were a Certified Apple Developer (CAD? :-), I could
>get help from Apple, but otherwise I was on my own.  Having invested
>nearly $200 on APDA products (APW, APW C, and now the Debugger) I was
>rather disturbed by this.  Are APDA products only for the chosed few?
>(They seemed happy enough to take my money...) I don't want this
>experience to reflect badly on the A.P.P.L.E Co-op which was more than
>helpful as usual.  If anyone in net-land knows the story on this please
>let me know (is Keith Rollins listening?? ).
>							Thanks,
>							Paul Nelson

I'm here... I don't know what the story is on that. I just left a message
on the APW Product Manager's fone, so I hope to get the story.

Keith Rollin                                               amdahl\
Developer Technical Support                           pyramid!sun !apple!keith
Apple Computer                                             decwrl/
"You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"