[comp.sys.apple] Kermit 3.84

>Murph, What is the difference between 3.83 and 3.84?  Is new documentation
>available yet?  Thanks.    Larry

Here's an item from info-kermit that briefly lists the new fixes and features.
There is a new doc file (APPLE.DOC).  The files are available from
KERMSRV@CUVMA and by anonymous ftp from cu20b.Columbia.Edu
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 88 07:28:02 PDT
From: Ted Medin <MEDIN-T@SHARK.NOSC.MIL>
Subject: Announcing Apple II Kermit Version 3.84

Kermit-65 is truly a network project with many people sugesting improvements
and reporting bugs & problems. We wont name them all but here are a couple of
major contributors, Murray Sewall & Bob Holley. Again thanks to all.  Here
are the changes:

1. Prodos text files now 8 bits wide.
2. More vt100 fixes (will it ever stop!)
3. Start of packet now variable
4. Multiple protocols (Kermit and Xmodem)
5. TAKE command
6. DOS 3.3 more robust (almost bullet proof?)
7. Lots of little fixes and options

[Ed. - Thanks, Ted!  The new files are in KER:APP*.*.]

Murph Sewall     Sewall@UCONNVM.BITNET
Business School  sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut {rutgers psuvax1 ucbvax & in Europe - mcvax}
                 !UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL                        [UUCP]

-+- My employer isn't responsible for my mistakes AND vice-versa!

** I've been on vacation for two weeks; still catching up with the mail **