[comp.sys.apple] Dark Castle GS

rsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Roby Sherman) (08/22/88)

   I spoke with a few people at Silicon Beach Software on Thursday, and they
pointed me in the direction of the third party which makes Dark Castle for
Amiga, Atari ST, and the IBM.. All I did was innocently ask, "What new machine
release dates do you have available?" and the woman on the other line says oh
well we will release Dark Castle for this machine, that machine, and the IIgs
in November..

Mac... Eat your heart out!

rpg@pro-exchange.cts.COM (Ronald Greene) (08/24/88)

>   I spoke with a few people at Silicon Beach Software on Thursday, and they
>pointed me in the direction of the third party which makes Dark Castle for
>Amiga, Atari ST, and the IBM.. All I did was innocently ask, "What new machine
>release dates do you have available?" and the woman on the other line says oh
>well we will release Dark Castle for this machine, that machine, and the IIgs
>in November..
>
>Mac... Eat your heart out!

As a Mac owner/user, I can honestly ask "Why?"....  we've been playing Dark
Castle for quite a while now... _you_ have to wait another three months! :-)

(Maybe it's a better game with a slower processor and less screen resolution?)

my point...  the information was of interest and is appreciated, but why go to
the trouble of "knocking" another computer... that's inappropriate!

UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!rpg
ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!rpg@nosc.mil
INET: rpg@pro-exchange.cts.com

rsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Roby Sherman) (08/27/88)

In article <8808250717.AA27743@crash.cts.com>, rpg@pro-exchange.cts.COM (Ronald Greene) writes:

> As a Mac owner/user, I can honestly ask "Why?"....  we've been playing Dark
> Castle for quite a while now... _you_ have to wait another three months! :-)
>
> (Maybe it's a better game with a slower processor and less screen resolution?)
>
> my point...  the information was of interest and is appreciated, but why go to
> the trouble of "knocking" another computer... that's inappropriate!

Why knock the mac? Haven't the II users been knocked enough by Mac people
everywhere? Today, when someone mentions Apple, they think mac??? No... I have
absolutely no foundation to knock the mac... As for Dark Castle GS, it may be
as good or better than the mac (there are quite a few good animation
techniques being used by programmers these days) all I'm saying is that we're
on your heels, with our finders and whatnought and I just want you to feel as
unconfortable as possible...

An avid II user!

--
Roby Sherman                    UUCP Access : {gould!uunet}!umbio!rsherm
                                Internet    : rsherm%umbio@umigw.miami.edu

"Pulver the river and Frotz the woods... " -- A Zorkian Xmas Tree Monster