[comp.sys.apple] APDA rumor

bird@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Walters) (08/31/88)

> The latest issue of MacWeek has a rumor column which states that
> APDA is no  longer accepting advertisments for ads in its APDAlog.

Isn't their quarterly catalog a little past due?

Also, how do you lose money charging for a catalog that has
advertisments and the prices in the catalog are higher than those
charged by mail order houses that have to pay to advertise in
national magazines? I think the picture on the front of their
catalog where everything was reversed says it all. Perhaps they
should go out of business and Apple should let someone like
Programs Plus take over the line of goods.

--
				Joe Walters ihnp4!ihlpf!bird
				IHP 1F-240 (312) 416-5356

shawn@pnet51.cts.com (Shawn Stanley) (09/03/88)

bird@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Walters) writes:
>Isn't their quarterly catalog a little past due?

I received it recently.

>Also, how do you lose money charging for a catalog that has
>advertisments and the prices in the catalog are higher than those
>charged by mail order houses that have to pay to advertise in

Are other companies really less? How much less?  I'm interested in
discounts on utilities and programming languages.

>national magazines? I think the picture on the front of their
>catalog where everything was reversed says it all. Perhaps they
>should go out of business and Apple should let someone like
>Programs Plus take over the line of goods.

Is it your opinion that the person who did the actual photo layout work
for the catalog is responsible for the rest of the company, and that because
of his/her actions, the company should go out of business?  National
magazines have typos in them, and I would think that magazine editors are
more important than the photo layout people in terms]os of subject
matter.

UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com