[comp.sys.apple] 3.2 menu caching

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (09/02/88)

No, I'm still using version 3.1 of the system disk.  WordPerfect said
the menus are now being drawn from bottom to top because that's the way
apple makes them be drawn with the kind of menus they have now.  A lot
of them are pretty long (about a half a screen height) and have "pop
out" submenus so they act as I described them.  It will be interesting
to see if they go any faster when I find a 3.2 disk.

TMPLee@Dockmaster.arpa

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (09/03/88)

In article <880902151247.492801@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:
>No, I'm still using version 3.1 of the system disk.  WordPerfect said
>the menus are now being drawn from bottom to top because that's the way
>apple makes them be drawn with the kind of menus they have now.  A lot
>of them are pretty long (about a half a screen height) and have "pop
>out" submenus so they act as I described them.  It will be interesting
>to see if they go any faster when I find a 3.2 disk.

I doubt it. It sounds like WordPerfect is using custom menus. If so, then
menu caching won't be supported unless they set a certain bit in the menu
flags. We found that we couldn't automatically cache custom menus, so the
custom menu has to indicate whether or not it can support that feature.

Keith Rollin                                               amdahl\
Developer Technical Support                           pyramid!sun !apple!keith
Apple Computer                                             decwrl/
"You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"