[comp.sys.apple] Rakware's "II in a Mac" Apple II Emulator: Where to purchase?

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (09/10/88)

"II in a Mac", which is Apple II emulation software for a Mac, is
according to a helpful NET response, published by Rakware, and
advertised in _Apple Assembly Line_. Unfortunately, I've been unable
to locate either Rakware or _Apple Assembly Line_, and have found
no ads for "II in a Mac", or other ads by Rakware, in current Mac
magazines. Any leads would be appreciated.

****DISCLAMER: My comments, etc., are my own shakey opinions ********

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca    |
  |  INTERNET:halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu  BITNET:D57J@CORNELLA  D57J@CRNLVAX5|
  |  UUCP:{vax135,rochester,decvax}!cornell!batcomputer!halp                  |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601      |

dr@ski.UUCP (David Robins) (09/11/88)

In article <8809092322.AA26697@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") writes:

>"II in a Mac", which is Apple II emulation software for a Mac, is
>according to a helpful NET response, published by Rakware, and
>advertised in _Apple Assembly Line_. Unfortunately, I've been unable
>to locate either Rakware or _Apple Assembly Line_, and have found
>no ads for "II in a Mac", or other ads by Rakware, in current Mac
>magazines. Any leads would be appreciated.

Rak-ware
41 Ralph Rd.
W. Orange, NJ  07052
(201) 325-1885

{From ad in Apple Assembly Line:}

][ in a Mac (ver 2.0)  =  $75.00

"Now includes faster graphics, Unidisk support, and more.  Bidirectional
data transfers are a snap.  This Apple II emulator runs DOS 3.3/ProDOS
(including 6502 ML routines) on a 512K Mac or MacPlus.  All Apple II
features are supported, such as Hi/Lo RES graphics, 40/80 col text,
language card and joystick.  Also inclused: clock, RAM disk, keybd buffer,
on-screen help, access to the desk accessories and support for 4 logical
disk drives.  Includes 2 Mac diskettes (with emulation, communications,
and utility software, plus DOS 3.3 and ProDOS system masters, including
Applesoft and Integer BASIC) and 1 Apple II diskette."

BTW: I think this also now runs on the Mac II, but I'm not sure.
			-dave

--
David Robins, M.D.  (ophthalmologist / electronics engineer)
Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute, 2232 Webster St, San Francisco CA 94115