[comp.sys.apple] pseudo-Pascal compiler

secrist@msdsws.DEC.COM ("Richard Secrist, Digital Equip. Corp. USA") (09/16/88)

	...rip your code off from one of the public domain FORTH systems.
	Better yet, write it in FORTH -- there is already a mini-Pascal
	interpreter in FORTH out there anyway.

	rcs

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (09/16/88)

>    ...rip your code off from one of the public domain FORTH systems.
>    Better yet, write it in FORTH -- there is already a mini-Pascal
>    interpreter in FORTH out there anyway.

If there are public domain FORTH systems out there, I wish someone
would either post the code to Apple2-L or else list the sources for
them.

Alan H. Stein    Department of Mathematics
The University of Connecticut at Waterbury

Internet: stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
BITNET:   STEIN@UCONNVM
UUCP:    {rutgers psuvax1 ucbvax & in Europe mcvax} !UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
Compu$erve: 71545,1500       Genie:  ah.stein

jetzer@studsys.mu.edu (jetzer) (09/17/88)

In article <8809160950.aa25143@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) writes:
> If there are public domain FORTH systems out there, I wish someone
> would either post the code to Apple2-L or else list the sources for
> them.

The Big Red Computer Club (423 Norfolk Ave, Norfolk, NE  68701,
phone 402-379-4680) has three Forth disks:  One that contains Fig Forth, a
public domain version of forth, one that contains a tutorial, and one
that "contains some useful info about Forth" but is also devoted to advertising
a commercial version of Forth called Skyforth.

For members (like me), there is a charge of $3.50 per disk, including shippping
and handling.  (I don't know their policy about selling disks to non-members.)

Note that this is just an actual running versino of Forth; I doubt if there
is any source code on the disks.
--
Mike Jetzer
"Hack first, ask questions later."