[comp.sys.apple] IIGS MODEM CONNECTOR

asb-tep@HUACHUCA-EM.ARPA (ASB-TEP USAISEC) (09/17/88)

Can anyone tell me if the IIGS modem connector is in common use on modems
readily available in the consumer marketplace, or will I need to buy or
make an adaptor cable?  Thanks.

c60c-3aw@web-3d.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (09/18/88)

In article <8809161847.aa10304@FHP2.HUACHUCA-EM.ARPA> asb-tep@HUACHUCA-EM.ARPA (ASB-TEP USAISEC) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if the IIGS modem connector is in common use on modems
>readily available in the consumer marketplace, or will I need to buy or
>make an adaptor cable?  Thanks.

"The IIGS modem connector"... perhaps you mean the 8-pin doodad in the back.
Since the Mac had one, Apple might have encouraged developers to support it.
At any rate, you will probably need an RS232->8-pin doodad cable, available
from any Macintosh dealer.

Yes, I do feel bitter about Sculley's "no Apple II CPU upgrades 'til hell
freezes over" attitude.  Maybe he'll redeem himself in the next few months.
Otherwise I may just buy a PC Transporter and go on from there.

--
fadden@zen.berkeley.edu [crashed]
c60c-3aw@widow.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)