[comp.sys.apple] Modems, HD, & GS+

c60c-3aw@widow.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (09/15/88)

I've got a "Zipper 2400" modem from Priority One electronics; it's actually
a Prometheus ProModem 2400G.  Despite the fact that it's a bit large (the
same case as is used for Prometheus's expandable modems) it works fine.
For a GS I would strongly recommend an external modem; with an RS232 port,
you can get it to work on just about any computer in existence.

The price on mine was $169+$10 tax; a Prometheus thru mail-order is $179
(w/o tax...)  I've seen them as low as $159.

The inside of the back cover of the latest inCider had an internal hard
disk (price from $450 for 20 meg, probably be at $400 from mail order)
for any Apple II.  Supposedly has its own power supply and (I think) fan.
I think it came in 20, 30, 40 MB styles.

Ever notice how Apple introduces new products around Christmas time?  The
inCider "Apple Bits" column has gone crazy with rumors about "the new
product."  One of two things will happen (my guess):

a) A GS+ will be released before Christmas

b) It will be shelved permanently.

According to the latest Open-Apple, Apple is now interested in hearing about
bugs from users (addresses were given).  No more ProDOS 1.1.1 "user errors"
hopefully.

--
fadden@zen.berkeley.edu [crashed]
c60c-3aw@widow.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)

blume@netmbx.UUCP (Heiko Blume) (09/18/88)

In article <14291@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> c60c-3aw@widow.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) writes:
>According to the latest Open-Apple, Apple is now interested in hearing about
>bugs from users (addresses were given).  No more ProDOS 1.1.1 "user errors"
>hopefully.

argh! already ?! sounds like they're becoming intelligent ??
what i want so say is: are they in biz since last year or what ?
what a shame...
then, i guess, apple germany is the WORST tha could happen to any user.
they're like something called eliza....

--
Heiko Blume                    # DOMAIN: blume@netmbx.UUCP { BITNET: ( mixed }
Seekorso 29                    # BANG  : ..!{backbone}!netmbx!blume