[comp.sys.apple] HST's vs Hayes

gregp@pro-carolina.cts.COM (Greg Prevost) (09/17/88)

I just heard a very disturbing rumuor which I hope is bogus.  Some I know said
he talked to US Robotics and they said that Hayes was just awarded the
Standard for 9600 and therefore they are stopping production of the HST and
getting rid of excess inventory.   Is this true?
I can see how Hayes can be called the standard since HST's outnumber them by
so many.  What did they do, bribe someone?

Please tell me this is false.  PLEASE!

UUCP: [ ihnp4 sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pro-carolina!gregp    Never forget
ARPA: crash!pro-carolina!gregp@nosc.mil                   your towel!
INET: gregp@pro-carolina.cts.com                          Ford Prefect

w8sdz@smoke.ARPA (Keith B. Petersen ) (09/18/88)

In article <8809172117.AA11474@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-simasd!pro-carolina!gregp@nosc.mil writes:
>I just heard a very disturbing rumuor which I hope is bogus.  Some I know said
>he talked to US Robotics and they said that Hayes was just awarded the
>Standard for 9600 and therefore they are stopping production of the HST and
>getting rid of excess inventory.   Is this true?

That's a pretty strong rumor to be spreading around the net.  If it's
not true you could be costing USR thousands of dollars in sales.  Don't
you think it would have been better to pick up the telephone and call
them to find out for yourself?  It's probably just a rumor started by
someone partial to the Hayes 9600 modems.

It would probably be a good idea to call and get this clarified and
issue a correction on the net before you get yourself into legal
problems.

--
Keith Petersen
Arpa: W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL