[comp.sys.apple] GS accelerator card

NETOPRMS@NCSUVM.BITNET (Michael Steele) (09/22/88)

    AE had an accelerator card at Applefest for the GS running at 7MHZ.  They
 said it would be shipping in November and would be upgradable to 10MHZ as soon
 as WDC came out with 10MHZ chips in quantity.  Price estimate was around $350.

  Sounds kind of expensive by my standards but I have heard that the GS was
  faster than the Mac in doing windowing.
NETOPRMS@NCSUVM.BITNET  Michael Steele  co-sysop of NCSU Apple Users BBS
10 meg Apple downloads(latest PD software), Tech/Pascal/PCP discussion
919-783-9010 (PC Pursuitable NCRTP)  Call today!  919-783-9010

shawn@pnet51.cts.com (Shawn Stanley) (09/24/88)

NETOPRMS@NCSUVM.BITNET (Michael Steele) writes:

>    AE had an accelerator card at Applefest for the GS running at 7MHZ.  They
> said it would be shipping in November and would be upgradable to 10MHZ as soon
> as WDC came out with 10MHZ chips in quantity.  Price estimate was around $350.

Wow!  Considering the //e version went for over $400 when I purchased it, the
$350 //gs card would be great.

UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com