[comp.sys.apple] GS/OS where can I get it?

arenberg@trwrb.UUCP (Jeff Arenberg) (09/20/88)

Ok, now that Apple has announced GS/OS, does anyone know how to get it?
Does APDA have it yet?  Also, do I still need to obtain the new 3.2 system
disk, or is it totally replaced by the new OS?

Jeff Arenberg
UUCP : ( ucbvax, ihnp4, uscvax ) !trwrb!csed-pyramid!arenberg
GEnie: shifty

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (09/22/88)

In article <819@csed-pyramid.trwrb.UUCP> arenberg@csed-pyramid.UUCP (Jeff Arenberg) writes:

>Ok, now that Apple has announced GS/OS, does anyone know how to get it?
>Does APDA have it yet?  Also, do I still need to obtain the new 3.2 system
>disk, or is it totally replaced by the new OS?

APDA has it right now. They were selling it at AppleFest (at least, until
they ran out on Firday afternoon...). Dealers should be getting it within
a week or two, if they don't already have it.

Keith Rollin                                               amdahl\
Developer Technical Support                           pyramid!sun !apple!keith
Apple Computer                                             decwrl/
"You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"

bsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Bob Sherman) (09/22/88)

in article <819@csed-pyramid.trwrb.UUCP>, arenberg@trwrb.UUCP (Jeff Arenberg) says:

> Ok, now that Apple has announced GS/OS, does anyone know how to get it?
> Does APDA have it yet?  Also, do I still need to obtain the new 3.2 system
> disk, or is it totally replaced by the new OS?

Yes, APDA has GS-OS, they were selling it at Applefest to members..
Dealers should have it, or be getting it shortly ($39), and all GS
units shipped after Aug. 15 will have it included at no extra charge..

I would forget about 3.2
--
  Internet  -- bsherm%umbio@umigw.miami.edu
  UUCP      -- {uunet!gould}!umbio!bsherm

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (09/25/88)

>Ok, now that Apple has announced GS/OS, does anyone know how to get it?
>Does APDA have it yet?  Also, do I still need to obtain the new 3.2 system
>disk, or is it totally replaced by the new OS?
>Jeff Arenberg

I just got "the APDAlog Update yesterday.  It includes the Apple IIGS
System Disk v.4.0, catalog #K2S025, for $13.50 + 1.00 shipping.  The
Reference manual is separate.

Alan H. Stein    Department of Mathematics
The University of Connecticut at Waterbury

Internet: stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
BITNET:   STEIN@UCONNVM
UUCP:    {rutgers psuvax1 ucbvax & in Europe mcvax} !UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
Compu$erve: 71545,1500       Genie:  ah.stein