[comp.sys.apple] Now is the time to but a IIgs

bird@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Walters) (09/22/88)

I have been waiting to buy my IIgs until the fall Applefest when
the IIgs+ was supposed to be announced. While I'm disappointed that
it wasn't, I am heartened by two announcements that were made:

1. OS/GS It looks like the 32 Meg ProDOS barrier is about to be broken.
   (Yes, I read Keith Rollin's posting that it is not to be right
   now. However, something like that *has* to come in the near term.)

2. Applied Engineering is about ready to ship the IIgs version of
   the TransWarp. Hopefully, this time they will have an external
   switch to change speed settings.

Given the above, all I need now is for my 100 shares of stock I'm
going to sell to go up $2 per share and I'm in!

(Now the only thing I need the IIgs+ for is to somehow increase the
available slots as was described in the long drawn out net vapor
that got all the IIgs+ talk going in the first place.)

				Joe Walters att!ihlpf!bird
				IHP 1F-240 (312) 416-5356
--
				Joe Walters att!ihlpf!bird
				IHP 1F-240 (312) 416-5356

shawn@pnet51.cts.com (Shawn Stanley) (09/24/88)

bird@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Walters) writes:
>2. Applied Engineering is about ready to ship the IIgs version of
>   the TransWarp. Hopefully, this time they will have an external
>   switch to change speed settings.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want an external switch to change the
speed settings?  With the coming of the GS version of the TransWarp board, I'm
sure AE will add a DA to control such functions, especially since it would be
VERY BAD if the speed were changed during some types of disk access.

UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com

NETOPRMS@NCSUVM.BITNET (Michael Steele) (09/27/88)

      Transwarp GS:

           It is my understanding that the Transwarp GS Board will plug into
  the 65816 socket on the motherboard.  This way the computer doesn't know
  that the chip exists.  I also think AE is working to put a math co-processor
  on the board. This design is much more practical than putting a card in a
  slot.
NETOPRMS@NCSUVM.BITNET  Michael Steele  co-sysop of NCSU Apple Users BBS
10 meg Apple downloads(latest PD software), Tech/Pascal/PCP discussion
919-783-9010 (PC Pursuitable NCRTP)  Call today!  919-783-9010

jsnow@esunix.UUCP (John Snow) (09/27/88)

From article <6226@ihlpf.ATT.COM>, by bird@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Walters):
> I have been waiting to buy my IIgs until the fall Applefest when
> the IIgs+ was supposed to be announced. While I'm disappointed that
> it wasn't, I am heartened by two announcements that were made:
>
> 				Joe Walters att!ihlpf!bird
> 				IHP 1F-240 (312) 416-5356

You better hurry and get one before your local dealer passes along
Apple's price increase of $150 on the GS and $100 on the RGB monitor
and $30 (or $40) on the 3.5 drive.
John F. Snow                         UUCP: {ihnp4,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!jsnow
Evans & Sutherland Computer Corp.    Compuserve: 71550,1152    BIX: johnfsnow
Salt Lake City, Utah                 "Apple ][ forever!"