[comp.sys.apple] PPtoPort problem

rsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Roby Sherman) (09/29/88)

I've been working on a routine to PPToPort an image to the iigs screen.
Unfortunatly, the image does not begin in the upper left hand corner. I've
been setting my source rects to describe my image, but PPToPort keeps starting
with the upper left hand corner.. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance,
	Roby

--
Roby Sherman                    UUCP Access : {gould!uunet}!umbio!rsherm
                                Internet    : rsherm%umbio@umigw.miami.edu

"Pulver the river and Frotz the woods... " -- A Zorkian Xmas Tree Monster

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (09/30/88)

In article <676@umbio.MIAMI.EDU> rsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Roby Sherman) writes:
>I've been working on a routine to PPToPort an image to the iigs screen.
>Unfortunatly, the image does not begin in the upper left hand corner. I've
>been setting my source rects to describe my image, but PPToPort keeps starting
>with the upper left hand corner.. What am I doing wrong??
>
>Thanks in advance,
>	Roby

Roby,

There isn't anything tricky with using PPToPort, so it's likely that there
is a bug in your parameters rather an anomaly (or bug) in PPToPort.

You talk about the source rectangle, but not the source port or destination
rectangle. Is it possible that the bounds- and port-rect of the source
GrafPort are causing the foulup? Is the destination point specified as X&Y
coordinates on the stack, and not as a pointer to a point or rectangle?

Keith Rollin                                               amdahl\
Developer Technical Support                           pyramid!sun !apple!keith
Apple Computer                                             decwrl/
"You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"

rsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Roby Sherman) (09/30/88)

In article <17987@apple.Apple.COM>, keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) writes:

> In article <676@umbio.MIAMI.EDU> rsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Roby Sherman) writes:
> >I've been working on a routine to PPToPort an image to the iigs screen.
> >Unfortunatly, the image does not begin in the upper left hand corner. I've
> >been setting my source rects to describe my image, but PPToPort keeps starting
> >with the upper left hand corner.. What am I doing wrong??

> There isn't anything tricky with using PPToPort, so it's likely that there
> is a bug in your parameters rather an anomaly (or bug) in PPToPort.
>
> You talk about the source rectangle, but not the source port or destination
> rectangle. Is it possible that the bounds- and port-rect of the source
> GrafPort are causing the foulup? Is the destination point specified as X&Y
> coordinates on the stack, and not as a pointer to a point or rectangle?

Keith,
	Let me rephrase my problem a little bit. What I'm basically trying to
do is PPtoPort certain portions of an image onto the screen at various
locations. Although the image is coming up in the right places, and is the
correct size, it always ports the part of the image that begins in the
upper-left hand corner.. I've been tweeking both my LocInfo record's Source
Rect and/or PPtoPort's Ptr to Rect giving the information about the rects as
being at places other than the upper-left hand corner.. it's weird.. If you
still don't catch what I'm spuwing out, I'll post a portion of my source
code..

Roby