[comp.sys.apple] AE Pro vs Proterm

gregp@pro-carolina.cts.COM (Greg Prevost) (10/06/88)

> Joe Craparotta writes:
>
> Come on Brad... Comparing a ][ (any one of them) to a Mac or Amiga is
> little ridiculous.. As for AE Pro.. It CANT'T compare with Proterm.. I
> don't know of anyone who EVER got its supposed emulation to work.

>> You probably don't know anyone who actually *owns* AE Pro; someone with a
>> manual.  Nevertheless, AE Pro has not been awarded A+ Magazine's Reader's
>> Choice award three years in a row for "supposed emulation that doesn't
>> work."  It works.

>>> Geeze!  I haven't seen *you are stupid*, *you don't have a legitimate
>>> brain* since high school debates.  If you are of that age, then try to act

Ok, have you all been having fun.  First of all, the right to flame is the
same as Freedom of speech, especially when it is deserved!  You yelled at him
for using such vulgar speech as "stupid" and "legitimate" and did bother
mentioning the reason he was flaming and that was he was called a "pirate"
(the word was never said but it was heavily implied) on a national network.  I
think that could be consider libel don't you?  That would make me flame I am
sure as it would most of you.  I figure everyone has to flame now and then to
relieve all that computer tension right?

Well, anyway.  Since we are on the subject I thought I would throw in my 2
cents worth (actually more like $75).  I used AE for YEARS!  Loved it, did
everything I wanted, thought it was the best because it was.  Then came along
Proterm, it did everything I wanted but easier.  And it did stuff I didn't
know I wanted till I saw them.  Like auto-learn macros, procedure files,
scrollback buffers, a great editor, the ability to copy, delete, rename,
format all while online.  Ymodem, and Ymodem batch, soon zmodem, and if I want
them Kermit and Transit plus all the regulars.  All this and much, much easier
to use.

And thats that.

Now stop flaming all of you before Mr. Moderator comes in with the firehose!
(-:

Greg

UUCP: [ ihnp4 sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pro-carolina!gregp    Never forget
ARPA: crash!pro-carolina!gregp@nosc.mil                   your towel!
INET: gregp@pro-carolina.cts.com                          Ford Prefect