[comp.sys.apple] Pascal 1.3

mw22#@ANDREW.CMU.EDU.UUCP (01/30/87)

If anyone has information about upgrading from Apple Pascal 1.2 to 1.3,
please post it.

Thanx in advance.

Mike Wertheim
(Carnegie Mellon University)

rs.MILler@pro-newfrontier.UUCP (Randy Miller) (10/08/88)

Keith,
  I am currently trying to implement a BBS system that I want to transfer from
the CP/M version of Turbo Pascal.  I have the source code for this BBS and
want to compile it under Apple Pascal 1.3.  However, I want to use a 10 mb AST
Microstor hard drive for this purpose.  On checking AppleLink about using
Pascal 1.3 with the Pascal Profile Manager, due to the 77 file limitation
Pascal 1.3's formatter imposes on a volume, I need to have SYSTEM.ATTACH
version 1.3 present on my new PPM program disk.  I have not been able to find
SYSTEM.ATTACH anywhere on any of the disks for Pascal 1.3.  Is this a seperate
entity that I must purchase, or is it available on some board as PD software,
as the original system.attach was for version 1.1 of Apple Pascal.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
Randy Miller
rs.miller@pro-newfrontier
Applelink: UG0151
GERS.MILLER
CI$:7630,365
"That'sDIR at the C> not DOOR!!!"

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (10/11/88)

In article <8810081002.AA17554@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-sol!pro-newfrontier!rs.miller@nosc.mil writes:
>Keith,
>  I am currently trying to implement a BBS system that I want to transfer from
>the CP/M version of Turbo Pascal.  I have the source code for this BBS and
>want to compile it under Apple Pascal 1.3.  However, I want to use a 10 mb AST
>Microstor hard drive for this purpose.  On checking AppleLink about using
>Pascal 1.3 with the Pascal Profile Manager, due to the 77 file limitation
>Pascal 1.3's formatter imposes on a volume, I need to have SYSTEM.ATTACH
>version 1.3 present on my new PPM program disk.  I have not been able to find
>SYSTEM.ATTACH anywhere on any of the disks for Pascal 1.3.  Is this a seperate
>entity that I must purchase, or is it available on some board as PD software,
>as the original system.attach was for version 1.1 of Apple Pascal.  Any help
>would be greatly appreciated.

Randy,

The latest version of the System Attach stuff is available from APDA. However,
I don't know if it will help you with what you want. The PPM is very sensitive
as to what device you try to run it on. We had a lot of people asking the same
question you are when we came out with the HD20SC. The PPM would not allow us
to run it on it. There was one guy in England who figured out a way, but it
involved a sick hack of mixing parts of Pascal 1.2 and 1.3. If you want to go
ahead, APDA (the Apple Programmer's and Developer's Association) can be con-
tacted at:

290 SW 43rd St.,
Renton,  WA  98055
(206) 251-6548

The 1.3 Support tools is $18.50+.94. However, you must be an APDA member to get
it. Membership is $20 annually.

Keith Rollin                               UUCP:      amdahl\
Developer Technical Support                      pyramid!sun !apple!keith
Apple Computer                                        decwrl/
                                         BITNET: keith%apple.com@relay.cs.net
"You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"