[comp.sys.apple] PD programs for the GS

daveharv@pro-novapple.UUCP (System Administrator) (10/09/88)

>From: pnet01!crash!uxc.cso.uiuc.edu!uxg.cso.uiuc.edu!uxa.cso.uiuc.edu!dmk20395 (Unknown User)
>Subject: GS PD source
>
>Where's a good place to pick up Apple //GS public domain programs, and source
>code?  I'm learning to program this puppy and would like lots of examples.
>Also, where can I get the documentation on A.C.E. and the other new
>toolsets that were just released with GS/OS?
>
>jawaid bazyar
>jb10320@uxa.cs.uiuc.edu

The best place to get the latest Apple IIGS software is your local Apple user
group.  If you don't know one in your area, you can find out if there's one by
calling 800-538-9696 ext. 500 and telling them your zipcode.  They'll give you
up to 3 user groups in your area.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv
uucp: crash!pro-novapple!daveharv
arpa: crash!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com
Northern Virginia Apple Users Group >pro-novapple< 703-671-0416/300-2400 baud

lwv@n8emr.UUCP (Larry W. Virden) (10/12/88)

Actually, the statement that one's local Apple user groups will have the
latest GS software is only partially true.  Some local Apple user groups will
have some of the less ancient GS software would be more accurate .  User Groups
only get the software if members a) write it, b) find it somewhere else.
It doesnt just appear.  Thus, those members who are trying to FIND the
latest software so that they can get it INTO their groups libraries STILL
have to find a source for it.  Since I have been unable to find (and would
probably be unwilling to trust) any local BBS carrying anything but pirated
software, I am STILL in search of reliable sources of softwar.e  For some
reason our Usenet and Bitnet sources for such software are drying up -
very little has been arriving in comp.binaries.apple2, I have not been able
to get a bitnet connectio to brownvm for 2 weeks or more.  I have access to
CIS software - but even there, it appears that the lurkers are winning - the
contributions have been rather slow the last 6 months.  Are folks on the
other 4 or so major services (Delphi, Source, Genie, AppleLink) finding the
same thing?

--
Larry W. Virden	 75046,606 (CIS)
674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817

c60c-3aw@web-3g.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (10/13/88)

In article <656@n8emr.UUCP> lwv@n8emr.UUCP (Larry W. Virden) writes:
>                                                                 For some
>reason our Usenet and Bitnet sources for such software are drying up -
>very little has been arriving in comp.binaries.apple2, I have not been able

Perhaps someone could upload the newer things that come across GEnie and
AppleLink?  I know that they are there, but I don't have an account, so I
can't get at them.  It appears that many users are getting their programs
from sources other than Usenet, and so have stopped looking here.

--
fadden@zen.berkeley.edu [crashed]
c60c-3aw@widow.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/13/88)

Well, the User Group in Champaign Urbana is pretty useless... They have a
whole PD disk for the //GS, and it's all stuff I already have.  Is there
a BBS system around somewhere that supports theGS?  I have PC Pursuit and
am able to call just about anywhere I need...

jb

(jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu)