[comp.sys.apple] date bug

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (10/14/88)

Yup, Dave Lyons is right -- every file I have that was created or
modified on the 31st of any month gets read as a date of "unknown".  One
can easily excuse how the bug got through, of course -- there is
something like only one chance in 75 that a file will have been created
on teh 31st; out of 25 megs or so of used disk I only found a half dozen
or so.

But I still haven't heard an explanation of where the bug is.

TMPLee@dockmaster.arpa

oh yes, on the finder hanging up on launch:  I've been trying to keep
track and so far every time it has happened has been after running a P8
(basic) application, but its only been a half dozen times since I
started keeping records.

erast1@cisunx.UUCP (Evan Ron Aussenberg) (10/15/88)

In article <881014053535.381381@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:
>... on the finder hanging up on launch:  I've been trying to keep
>track and so far every time it has happened has been after running a P8
>(basic) application, but its only been a half dozen times since I
>started keeping records.

Good <acutaly, bad> I'm not the only one.  Yes, I agree that the Finder - GS/OS
does hang on occasion when trying to launch a GSOS application after a P8
program has been previously run.

Usually I get the blank text screen with the cursor in the upper-left then
everything quietly halts.

Doesn't seem to matter whether I have any DAs installed <this includes
the Cache> or if I have the 5.25 driver activated.  It seems I need to
deactivate the 5.25driver sometimes to free up RAM since my GS is 512K at
the moment.

													Evan
													erast1@cisunx.UUCP