[comp.sys.apple] AppleLink--Personal Edition & ACU

>Date:         Tue, 18 Oct 88 14:52:29 GMT
>From:         Doug Gwyn <adm!smoke!gwyn@NYU.EDU>
>Subject:      Re: AppleLink [--Personal Edition]

>Yes -- so far its main value to me has been to get reasonable responses
>from Apple Customer Service.
>Its download library is rather small at present, and the Apple Conversion
>Utility (why don't they use BLU?) isn't ready yet.

You should log onto ALPE more often, Doug!  ACU has been out for almost
a week now, and it's pretty slick.  Download libraries are growing nicely
now that ACU is finally out.

I don't know all the advantages of ACU over BLU, but the compressed files
*are* at least a tad smaller, and I believe ACU *can* unpack all BLU-packed
files.  As I understand it, ACU will become the official standard on GEnie
and CompuServe, etc, eventually.

(By the way, I'm an Apple Forum Consultant in the Apple Developers Forum;
drop by & ask your questions.  The other AFC for the ADV forum is Dennis
Doms of Open-Apple fame.)

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons