[comp.sys.apple] SCSI ROM Rev C says -A

>Date:         Fri, 21 Oct 88 20:48:00 EST
>From:         REWING%TRINCC.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU

>I'd send it back for immediate upgrade.  The ROMS on the board should
>say on them REV C and there is no such thing as a patched "A".
>The upgrade is, of course, free, but its still a bear to have to
>return something since its obviosly been sitting on a shelf for months.

<BUZZ>  Try again!  My SCSI ROM says:

       341-0437-A
        Ver 2.0
  (c) Apple 1986-88

And it is quite definitely Revision C.  It works with GS/OS and had
"Rev C" stamped on the outside of the box.  On a SCSI card at work we
had the older ROMs--upon booting GS/OS, we got a dialog saying we
needed the free Rev C ROM from our dealer; the replacement chip we
got had the -A on the end of the number.

The $$40 (64-dollar) question is, of course, why they don't print
the revision level on the ROM in a more obvious form.

>--Rick Ewing
>  Apple Atlanta

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (10/23/88)

In article <8810220157.aa03100@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS.BITNET ("David A. Lyons") writes:
>On a SCSI card at work we
>had the older ROMs--upon booting GS/OS, we got a dialog saying we
>needed the free Rev C ROM from our dealer; ...

This seems to be what happens if you boot from a SCSI disk on which
you have installed GS/OS.  However, when I booted GS/OS from a 3.5"
drive, it simply failed to acknowledge the existence of my HD20SC.
No warning about needing a ROM upgrade.  There was no note in the
GS/OS box, either.  This seems like a mistake..