[comp.sys.apple] Shareware Icon Editors

>Date:         Wed, 19 Oct 88 18:43:00 GMT
>From:         Subash Shankar
>              <nic.MR.NET!shamash!nis!ems!srcsip!shankar%csd1.milw.wisc.edu
>              @BRL.MIL>
>Subject:      GS Icons

>Oh yeah, does anybody know of any good PD or inexpensive shareware
>icon editors?  I have a copy of something called TIE, but it
>crashes much too often - perhaps I have a bad copy.  Better yet,
>if somebody knows of a good icon editor, can you post it to
>comp.binaries.apple2?  Thanks.

Since you ask...Yes, I know of two decent desktop-based icon editors
that are Shareware.

I wrote DIcEd (Desktop Icon Editor), and Paul Elseth wrote IconEd.
They each have their strengths and weaknesses.  Both are Shareware
for $15 & are available on CompuServe and GEnie.  (I believe I also
uploaded DIcEd to AppleLink--Personal edition.)

Unfortunately I'm not able to post to comp.binaries.apple2 from
ehre, as far as I know.  If anybody feels like posting it, send me
mail.

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons