[comp.sys.apple] AppleLink--PE

>Date: Sun, 23 Oct 88 21:17:14 PDT
>From: Brian Fox <bfox%eagle@hub.ucsb.edu>
>Subject: advantages of AppleLink--PE

>This stuff all looks like a pile of excuses to me.
>
>If the only thing you have in defense is excuses, that does not seem like a
>reasonable way to respond to a direct attack on the integrity of Apple Inc.
>
>I support Apple, but I am beginning to wonder why.  Please support them in a
>more reasonable fashion than you have here.
>
>Thank you,
>    Brian Fox

Note that I never claimed to be writing a defsese of ALPE or to be
supporting Apple Computer, Inc.  I was just responding to what I saw
as a rather one- sided evaluation of ALPE, reporting things as I see
them.  I don't believe I've said anything unreasonable.

I'm not saying ALPE is perfect--it has its share of problems and
limitations.  So do other services.  ALPE does have some advantages
as well as disadvantages.  I don't think it's fair to knock the
service because of its small somewhat small download libraries after
its first month or so of public operation.

I also don't see how pointing out its newness can be considered an
"excuse"--it's unavoidable that the thing will be new when it is
first introduced, and it isn't reasonable to expect the thing to
come into being pre-stocked with interesting discussions and tons of
software not available elsewhere.

Just my opinions.

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons