[comp.sys.apple] filetypes for special icons

>Date:         Mon, 24 Oct 88 18:59:00 -0600
>From:         delaney%wnre.aecl.cdn@RELAY.UBC.CA
>Subject:      New Icons on GS/OS disk & installation of Laserwriter

>For you GS/OS users look at the new icons that apple added.  Very
>colorful Server (my guess) icon.  My question is what are the type
>FFF1 and FFF6 icons all the others such as tape drive, and CDrom make
>sense.  By the way is apple telling us something with the tape drive.

Here's how DIcEd v1.1 (to be released shortly) shows them:

  $FFF1 = SCSI partition
  $FFF2 = CD-ROM partition
  $FFF3 = HD partition
  $FFF4 = Network Generic
  $FFF5 = File server
  $FFF6 = SCSI generic
  $FFF7 = Tape Drive
  $FFF8 = CD-ROM disc
  $FFF9 = 5.25" drive
  $FFFA = RAM disk
  $FFFB = 3.5" disk
  $FFFC = 5.25" disk
  $FFFD = Hard disk
  $FFFE = Full trash can
  $FFFF = Empty trash can

(Some of these were obvious when looking at the FINDER.ICONS file
in an icon editor.  The rest are obvious once you notice the table
of strings near the end of Finder 1.2...just do an ASCII dump of the
end of the file.)

>Grant

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons