[comp.sys.apple] Apple mouse //e,//c

jordan%lvvm6.span@SDS.SDSC.EDU (RICH) (10/25/88)

A friend of mine recently picked up a //c for home/business use. He would
like to use the Apple // desktop for file manipulation and such (same as
that which came on earlier //GS system disks).

I have an AppleMouse //e setup with the card still hooked up on my standby
][+ and haven't used the mouse in a long time. If anyone out there knows (and
sorry if this has been asked too many times already), will a mouse from a
][+-//e kit work on an Apple //c? Thanks in advance for any help.

							Rich

<jordan%lvva.span@sds.sdsc.edu>
BIX:	richjordan (Rarely there)
GEnie:	BARRACUDA

akuo@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Augie Kuo) (10/25/88)

In article <881024230115.27e04959@Sds.Sdsc.Edu> jordan%lvvm6.span@SDS.SDSC.EDU (RICH) writes:
>A friend of mine recently picked up a //c for home/business use. He would
>like to use the Apple // desktop for file manipulation and such (same as
>that which came on earlier //GS system disks).
>
>I have an AppleMouse //e setup with the card still hooked up on my standby
>][+ and haven't used the mouse in a long time. If anyone out there knows (and
>sorry if this has been asked too many times already), will a mouse from a
>][+-//e kit work on an Apple //c? Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>							Rich
>
><jordan%lvva.span@sds.sdsc.edu>
>BIX:	richjordan (Rarely there)
>GEnie:	BARRACUDA

Sure...all he needs is the mouse itself.  Speaking of which, I have a
new //e mouse that I have rarely used so if anyone's interested, please
send me mail.

Also you might mention to your friend that although he might have a mouse,
he shouldn't expect his //c to act like a Mac or a //gs.  He'll need soft-
ware that supports the mouse, probably either Multiscribe or the GEOS integrated
package.  Otherwise he'll end up with an unused mouse and using something like
Appleworks.

Augie

akuo@cory.berkeley.edu

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (10/25/88)

The mouse is the same. A //c has the necessary hardware built-in, while a //e
requires an Apple mouse card in a slot. Just unscrew the mouse from the //e
and screw it onto the //c mouse port.

****DISCLAMER: My comments, etc., are my own shakey opinions ********

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca    |
  |  INTERNET:halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu  BITNET:D57J@CORNELLA  D57J@CRNLVAX5|
  |  UUCP:{vax135,rochester,decvax}!cornell!batcomputer!halp                  |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601      |

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (10/25/88)

RE: SOFTWARE FOR APPLE //c MOUSE

AppleWorks with any Beagle Bros. Timeout enhancement uses the mouse extensively.
Users can adjust horizontal and vertical sensitivity on any mouse-equipped
Apple //x, as well as response to clicks. The mouse can also be deactivated.

****DISCLAMER: My comments, etc., are my own shakey opinions ********

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca    |
  |  INTERNET:halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu  BITNET:D57J@CORNELLA  D57J@CRNLVAX5|
  |  UUCP:{vax135,rochester,decvax}!cornell!batcomputer!halp                  |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601      |

jordan%lvvm6.span@SDS.SDSC.EDU (RICH) (10/26/88)

Thanks to all who replied to my query concerning the use of an Apple //e
mouse on a //c. By unanimous decision, it should work fine, so we'll try
it as soon as possible. I send acknowledgements to all the messages I've
received so far... hope they make it. Thanks again!