[comp.sys.apple] More finder foo

da1n+@andrew.cmu.edu (Daniel K. Appelquist) (10/22/88)

Ok- This is some strange stuff.  Why does GS/OS, when booted from a 3.5 inch
disk, initially not recognize my Sider hard disk, even when the scsi driver is
in the driver folder, and then when I launch basic.system, catalog my hard drive
to make sure it still exists, and then exit back to the finder, the hard drive
is recognized.  This is just weird.

   Dan A.

ALBRO@NIEHS.BITNET (10/27/88)

When you boot GS/OS (or any other variant) from slot 6, it only scans Down
to find volumes on line.  BASIC.SYSTEM starts over and scans from slot 7.
If your hard drive is in slot 7, the finder (or whatever) will not initially
see it.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (10/28/88)

In article <8810270346.aa26275@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> ALBRO@NIEHS.BITNET writes:
>When you boot GS/OS (or any other variant) from slot 6, it only scans Down
>to find volumes on line.

If true, that sounds like a major mistake.
How is someone to boot a 3.5" GS/OS distribution disk (normally slot 5)
to start building his hard disk (normally slot 7 or 6) system, if the
hard disk cannot be found by GS/OS?