[comp.sys.apple] Separate mailers

CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET (11/02/88)

RE: Creating a separate mailing list.
I strongly disagree. The vast majority of GS specific questions are along the
lines of " How can I get this $#%#^ machine to do what it is supposed to do"
or "which version of program x works with revision whatever". With time things
will probably start evening out again, one way or the other. As to 8 bit
specific questions, here's one. I have a //C with an extra meg of memory. I use
the PRODRIVE file included in the package to connect the /RAM drive. (it's a
ZRAM). The problem is that PRODRIVE is a binary file and must have BASIC loaded
to run. Does anyone know of a system file that will do this? It would have to
support partitioning. I'd really like to see a DAVEX command for this, as I
end up in DAVEX anyway.

ALBRO@NIEHS.BITNET (11/02/88)

This is a reply to the question about a system file instead of the binary one
to activate the PRODRIVE.  I think you should be able to use RAM.DRV (system)
as well as RAM.DRIVE (binary) that come with ProSEL.

ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Cliff Tuel) (11/03/88)

In article <8811020506.aa13734@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET writes:
>specific questions, here's one. I have a //C with an extra meg of memory. I use
>the PRODRIVE file included in the package to connect the /RAM drive. (it's a
>ZRAM). The problem is that PRODRIVE is a binary file and must have BASIC loaded
>to run. Does anyone know of a system file that will do this? It would have to
>support partitioning. I'd really like to see a DAVEX command for this, as I
>end up in DAVEX anyway.

The software that comes with the Checkmate memory boards is a system program.
It runs immediately after ProDOS finishes executing, then passes control
to the next system program on your disk. (Another reason why Checkmate is
so superior to AE...) Most Checkmate dealers will sell you the software
for a small charge, whethere or not you have one of their boards. It will
work with you Z-RAM. However, it only supports ProDOS.
--
| Cliff Tuel                | /    ` | "If sometimes you can't hear me, it's  |