[comp.sys.apple] Floppy disk activation/deactivation

jordan%lvvm6.span@SDS.SDSC.EDU (RICH) (11/03/88)

Chris Shatara,  <univse.dec.com!shatara@decwrl.dec.com> writes:
.
.
>How does one "TURN ON/OFF" a device once installed.  My previous question
>was in regard to the 5.25" drive.

Chris,
     First way:
	Select the 5.25 driver while in the Finder, and do a "Get info" on it.
	There will be an option to select/deselect the driver. Change it (like
	locking/unlocking the file). Then reboot. If you deselect a driver and
	reboot, the driver is not loaded and you save memory. I've used this
	method, and it works.

     Second way:
	Select the 5.25 disk icon on the desktop. Do a "get info" on it. I have
	heard that you should be able to select/deselect it, such that it is or
	is not accessed for the remainder of that finder session. I have not
	tried this, as my Disk ][s are down until my daisychain adaptor arrives.
	Someone please let me know if this works.

Hope that helps...
							Rich

<jordan%lvva.span@sds.sdsc.edu>
BIX:	richjordan (Rarely there)