[comp.sys.apple] Smartport stuff

ralphw@C7.IUS.CS.CMU.EDU (Ralph Hyre) (11/04/88)

In article <16248@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> c60c-3aw@web-3d.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) writes:
>Perhaps I over reacted here.  I based my screeching on a "technical" manual
>I glanced through one day; it basically said "these tool boxes exist" and
>nothing more (the Firmware manual?)  The only useful thing in it was a
>breakdown of the I/O page ($C000--).
...[what info do you want?]
>Difficult to answer w/o knowing what is available... I have yet to see a
>thorough description of the SmartPort (my Tech Note subscription ran out a
Glance harder.  My //GS firmware reference manual (not the first place I
though to look, since I have a //e with a UniDisk 3.5) documents things
down to the level of the Disk Port phase control lines (pp 130-160).

--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.
Internet: ralphw@ius3.cs.cmu.edu    Phone:(412) CMU-BUGS