[comp.sys.apple] USCD Pascal

POLKOSNI@QCVAX.BITNET (10/30/88)

Does anyone still use Apple (USCD) Pascal? I need to locate the utilities that
will allow me to install new device drivers...SYSTEM.ATTACH etc...I hear that
the International Apple Core has these files, but I don't know how to reach
it, Does anyone have an address/voice phone#/data phone# for IAC, or if it's
koser can someone somehow send me the SYSTEM.ATTACH files?

jxf@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Jerry Frain) (11/04/88)

In article <8810300757.aa18598@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> POLKOSNI@QCVAX.BITNET writes:

>Does anyone still use Apple (USCD) Pascal?

Yep, I'm still using UCSD Pascal, believe it or not.

					     I need to locate the utilities that
>will allow me to install new device drivers...SYSTEM.ATTACH etc...I hear that
>the International Apple Core has these files, but I don't know how to reach
>it, Does anyone have an address/voice phone#/data phone# for IAC, or if it's
>koser can someone somehow send me the SYSTEM.ATTACH files?

I have heard of these files, but have never been able to find them either.

What I ended up doing, was disassembling SYSTEM.APPLE, and patching my
new drivers directly into the BIOS.  This works fine, but when
initializing the system wipes them out.

This is bad with my 3.5" disk device driver, because it is set up as
the boot volume by fooling the OS.  Typing "I" on the command line is
fatal as is the infamous execution error.  Eventually I hope to figure
out how to properly install my drivers.

Jerry
Jerry Frain    INTERNET:  phobos.cis.ksu.edu!jxf
               UUCP:      jxf@phobos.UUCP
Beer me.       BITNET:    mustang@KSUVM

blume@netmbx.UUCP (Heiko Blume) (11/08/88)

you'll need to buy the 'Apple Pascal Device Support Tools' package.
i have it, feel free to mail me for further information !
--
Heiko Blume | lazy  : blume@netmbx.UUCP
Seekorso 29 | crazy : ...!{pyramid,unido,altger}!tmpmbx!netmbx!blume