[comp.sys.apple] Graphics printing - //c

ART100@psuvm ("Andy Tefft 862-6728", 814) (11/04/88)

I've been amassing a GIF file collection recently since I downloaded
IIGIF. Soon I will have access to a Sun 3 attached to a laser printer,
but in the meantime (and for various other uses), how can I print
graphics, both hi-res and double hi-res, from my //c on an ImageWriter II??
The double hi-res is the most important, since I can borrow a neighbor's
copy of Print Shop for the single hi-res. Anyone know of a shareware,
freeware, or PD program to do this? One important feature: It must be able
to print 'inverted', i.e. the way it looks on the screen, instead of
every white dot on the screen being a black dot on the paper, as an
option, or else all my GIF files will come out inverted!

Andy

a1t@psuvm.bitnet
a1t%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1.uucp

dr@skivs.UUCP (David Robins) (11/10/88)

In article <8811031601.AA08578@psuvax1.cs.psu.edu> ART100@psuvm ("Andy Tefft  862-6728", 814) writes:
>I've been amassing a GIF file collection recently since I downloaded
>IIGIF.
>The double hi-res is the most important, since I can borrow a neighbor's
>copy of Print Shop for the single hi-res. Anyone know of a shareware,
>freeware, or PD program to do this? One important feature: It must be able
>to print 'inverted', i.e. the way it looks on the screen, instead of
>every white dot on the screen being a black dot on the paper, as an
>option, or else all my GIF files will come out inverted!

I know of two commercial programs that print double-high res, and give
the "negative" option for reversal.

They are:
Beagle..........Triple Dump
Smartware.......GrafPak

You all know Beagle.  Smartware is at: 2930 Sonoma St., Torrance, CA 90503
--
David Robins, M.D.  (ophthalmologist / electronics engineer)
Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute, 2232 Webster St, San Francisco CA 94115