[comp.sys.apple] Hey, Keith, I want my // technotes :-) :-) :-)

SELLSWORTH@HMCVAX.BITNET ("Scott, part time fuzzy") (11/12/88)

  This is yet another request for Apple // technotes.  I would happily order
them from APDA, except that the only person I know in it has not gotten the new
catalog.

  Keith, if you can possibly convince the powers that be to do so, please
distribute netwide.  I would like to get to some of the info contained in them.
Besides, after all of the work that went in to them, wouldn't it be kind of a
shame if they did not get the exposure they deserved?  (hint hint.  nudge
nudge)

  BTW, if someone is worried about Apple liability in the event that someone
changes them, merely make it abundantly clear that the only secure source is
Apple, and going through intermediaries introduces the possibility of error.  I
believe this is what was done with the Mac technotes archive on Bitnet.  Caveat
Emptor.

  If this is not possible, then I would like to talk to anyone who already has
them.  Anyone willing to negotiate on sending a copy to me?  Is this within the
copyright restrictions?

  Thanks in advance to Keith and any kind soul that responds...
                                      Scott
                                   SELLSWOR@HMCVAX

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark Johnson) (11/14/88)

In article <8811120259.aa11644@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> SELLSWORTH@HMCVAX.BITNET ("Scott, part time fuzzy") writes:

>  This is yet another request for Apple // technotes.  I would happily order
>them from APDA, except that the only person I know in it has not gotten the new
>catalog.

As the person now responsible for all the Tech Notes (Apple II and Mac), I can
tell you that they will be posted.  The complete revision is going to
duplication this week to be sent in a special November mailing to Certified
Developers, and we are finishing the conversion to ASCII so they can be
read on an Apple II instead of a Macintosh.  They will be posted as soon as
this process is complete, so just hang on a little while longer.  They will
also be available from APDA in both paper and disk format and on AppleLink,
including AppleLink PE.

Mark B. Johnson
Developer Technical Support
Apple Computer, Inc.