[comp.sys.apple] unidisk editor

DOUG@PSUECL.BITNET (11/21/88)

>Beagle Brothers makes (made?) a utility disk for ProDOS in general. Although I
>forget the name of the disk itself, there is a utility on it called Byte Zap
>Pro or something like that. My friend (who has it) says that you can change a
>line somewhere in the beginning of the program (it's a machine-BASIC mix; fast
>enough) to tell it that the maximum number of blocks on a disk is 1600 rather
>than 280. Then you can change the slot number of the drive to 5 (since that's
>where the Unidisk it). That should do the trick.

The name of the program that he refers to is called Pro-Byter by Beagle
Brothers. It has many other disk editing utilities besides. It should be
available from any local Apple-type software dealer for $25-$29. It's also
free of copy protection and easy to back up and modify in that nature.

Doug Hughes
DOUG@PSUECLB.BITNET
Doug@ecl.psu.edu