[comp.sys.apple] Keyboard

ccasths@pyr.gatech.EDU (Scott Hinckley) (06/18/88)

In article <11972@mimsy.UUCP> chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>In article <5042@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU> hutch@net1.ucsd.edu (Jim Hutchison) writes:
>[spelling edited :-)]
>>By the way, is there a fix for the parallelogram keyboard problem?
>>I mean the one where I type nice too fast, and pick up the comma to go with
>>the "ice".  I am not sure what this is.
>Whether and how this happens depends on the keyboard arrangement.
>In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 7163)
>Domain:	chris@mimsy.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris

I also like (on my Laser 128) getting lisqt instead of list if I type it in
too fast.

+=======================================================================+
|Scott Hinckley - OCS User Assistant    AKA - Galaxy's End              |
|Georgia Insitute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332                 |
|uucp: ...!gatech!pyr!ccasths                                           |
|ARPA: ccasths@pyr.gatech.edu                                           |
+=======================================================================+

gregp@pro-carolina.cts.com (Greg Prevost) (11/15/88)

>>AND (haha, i want everthing no? :-)  how about some information
>>on how to upgrade memory?  add a hard drive?  modem?  external
>>keyboard?  will an extended keyboard (like for Mac II) work?

>Extended Keyboard:
>   Not bloody likely.

Actually, there is an ad in Computer Shopper magazine all the time for an
extended keyboard w/cord for the Apple ][e for around $99.  You might try
there.

>who _hasn't_ yet gotten laid online by Exotica1 ??
>she has quite a reputation i hear....

Really?  I might have to actually use my account now... (-:

UUCP: [ sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pro-carolina!gregp          Never forget
ARPA: crash!pro-carolina!gregp@nosc.mil                   your towel!
INET: gregp@pro-carolina.cts.com                          Ford Prefect

REWING@TRINCC.BITNET (11/19/88)

For the record, just about any ADB device is interchangable between
the IIgs and the Mac (keyboards, tablets, trackballs, flight sticks, etc.)
The extended keyboard from the Mac II and SE works just fine on the
IIgs, as the IIgs' keyboard works equally well on the Mac family.  I've
heard that the extended keys are accessible on a IIgs, although I don't
know if anyone, namely Applied Engineering's PCTransporter can take
advantage of them.  Guess its time to hit AE up for a card and find out.

--Rick Ewing
  Apple Atlanta Support Squad

c60c-3aw@web-3f.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (11/21/88)

In article <8811191217.aa27279@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> REWING@TRINCC.BITNET writes:
[...]
>The extended keyboard from the Mac II and SE works just fine on the
>IIgs, as the IIgs' keyboard works equally well on the Mac family.  I've
>heard that the extended keys are accessible on a IIgs, although I don't
>know if anyone, namely Applied Engineering's PCTransporter can take
>advantage of them.  Guess its time to hit AE up for a card and find out.

They do work, and show up as letters.  What makes them different from normal
keys is that they appear to have been typed on the numeric keypad.

--
fadden@zen.berkeley.edu [crashed]
c60c-3aw@widow.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)