[comp.sys.apple] Games for IIGS

sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) (11/20/88)

My sister and brother-in-law have a IIGS. For Christmas they want
games. Can you recommend a good color golf game for the IIGS? Is there
any other game that is good for someone who can't play for long periods
of time (i.e., something like Zork is no good, since it requires long
stretches of time)?

My sister got a kick out of the Hyper-gunshy Hypercard stack game that
I have. Is there anything similar for the IIGS?

I really don't know anything about Apple II software, so any suggestions
would be very welcome.

Jan Harrington, sysop
Scholastech Telecommunications
UUCP: husc6!amcad!stech!sysop or allegra!stech!sysop
BITNET: JHARRY@BENTLEY

	Miscellaneous profundity:

		"No matter where you go, there you are."
				Buckaroo Banzai

mcgurrin@MITRE.ARPA (11/22/88)

I've heard talk of plans for a hypercard type of system for the GS, but I
haven't seen anything yet.  Mean 18 seems to be the standard by which all
other golf games are measured, since I am not interested in golf, I haven't
played it myself.  It has a feature that let's you design your own courses
when you get bored with the ones provided, and tons of these are available
in the public domain (via services like Compuserve, or from PD libraries, and
I would assume from BBSs).

cs374124@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Clark "Crash" Culligan) (11/22/88)

In article <683@stech.UUCP> sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) writes:
>My sister and brother-in-law have a IIGS. For Christmas they want
>games. Can you recommend a good color golf game for the IIGS? Is there
>any other game that is good for someone who can't play for long periods
>of time (i.e., something like Zork is no good, since it requires long
>stretches of time)?

   There are two GS-specific golf games that I know of: Electronic Arts'
_World_Class_Golf, and Accolade's _Mean_18_. I haven't worked (played?)
with WCG, but I've seen that it has a wind gauge, some terrain effects,
etc.
   Mean 18, however, has no wind. It does have trees, terrain, and an
editor so if you really hate a tree, you can go back to that course
later and take it out. You can also make up your own, and I've seen
quite a number of Mean 18 courses in the public domain. M18 is a lot of
fun.

>My sister got a kick out of the Hyper-gunshy Hypercard stack game that
>I have. Is there anything similar for the IIGS?

   Not until Robert Wagner Enterprises comes out with their Hypercard
Clone for the GS, I'm sorry. <<** UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR ALERT **>>

>Jan Harrington, sysop
>Scholastech Telecommunications
>UUCP: husc6!amcad!stech!sysop or allegra!stech!sysop
>BITNET: JHARRY@BENTLEY

                                   -David Wood
                                    Lowly Student, UMBC

=  A Mind is a Terrible Thing to have Leaking Out Your Ears  =
=                       -The League of Sadistic Telepaths    =