[comp.sys.apple] Manuals

reeder@reed.UUCP (P Douglas Reeder) (11/21/88)

   A few years ago, I bought the Apple IIc technical manual.  It was the
version for the newer c, and I have an unupgraded c.  So, i filled out the
card in the back asking for the ROM listing for the old model and sent it  off.
Six months later I sent a letter politely asking again for the listings.
Six months after that I recieved the old two volume manual for the
old machine.  I'm happy, as now I can keep my tech manual open to three
places at the same time.   I like the manuals and use them all the time.

--
Doug Reeder                           USENET: ...!tektronix!reed!reeder
971 Lathan Devers Av.                 BITNET: reeder@reed.BITNET

ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Cliff Tuel) (11/22/88)

In article <11127@reed.UUCP> reeder@reed.UUCP (P Douglas Reeder) writes:
[stuff about how he was happy to get a free manual after a year.]

I took you a whole YEAR to send you the ROM listing for your computer,
and you're HAPPY? I would be >OUTRAGED< if anything took that long!

--
                         ___________________________
-------------------------  _ |  .      ___      |   --------------------------

ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (11/23/88)

In article <6098@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Cliff Tuel) writes:
>In article <11127@reed.UUCP> reeder@reed.UUCP (P Douglas Reeder) writes:
>[stuff about how he was happy to get a free manual after a year.]
>
>I took you a whole YEAR to send you the ROM listing for your computer,
>and you're HAPPY? I would be >OUTRAGED< if anything took that long!
I'd be happy to get the commented one in a 'reasonable' time, but I can
always INSTANTLY get a non-commented one from my machine.

]call -151
c600-c6ffL
<blah>
--