[comp.sys.apple] kudos for Ted Medin

lee@TIS.COM (Theodore Lee) (11/24/88)

After having obtained a beta copy of kermit 3.85 it only seemed
appropriate to express my and our -- the backwater Apple II folks,
of any ilk -- appreciation to Ted Medin for the work he's done on
kermit-65.  The more you look at it, the more of a tour de force
it really is -- umpty jillion commo cards, four different machines,
three different emulations, and two protocols. (I haven't tried
xmodem, but trust it works.)  and TWO operating systems (is there
anyone around still using DOS 3.3?)

absolutely amazing ...

medin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Ted Medin) (11/30/88)

 Well kermit-65 is where it is today because of the original developers
and a lot of people on the net who have helped along the way.
So for all of us i say thank you.

 Now if i could just figure out what the problem is with those new //c's
:-(.

ugfelong@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Edward Felong) (11/30/88)

In article <1310@cod.NOSC.MIL> medin@cod.nosc.mil.UUCP (Ted Medin) writes:

> Well kermit-65 is where it is today because of the original developers
>and a lot of people on the net who have helped along the way.
>So for all of us i say thank you.
>

> Now if i could just figure out what the problem is with those new //c's
>:-(.

I was just about to ask this newsgroup why kermit-65 doesn't work
on my new system.  Version 3.84 worked fine on my old Apple //c.
I traded that in for an Apple IIc Plus and it just hangs or jumps
into the monitor when you 'connect'.  I did get version 2.61a to
run on the Apple IIc Plus.  Although I can't trick it into 1200 baud
like I could on the Apple//c by booting it after connected at the
higher baud rate.  Transfering files at 300 baud is a bit painful.
I just thought this might help. Good luck.

Ed                 ugfelong @ sunybcs.BITNET
                   ugfelong @ cs.Buffalo.EDU
..!{boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!ugfelong