[comp.sys.apple] Mousetalk

craparotta@obiwan.dec.com (Joe Crap) (12/30/86)

I was able to use a copy of MOUSETALK at a local store... It let u use the
MOUSE(obvious) but when u do a Down/Upload u have convert the file to a
"T" file first... The only problems is when we D/L a file we couldn't convert
it back to "B" file.... Great huh... Also it still DOESN'T emulate a VT52..
Oh well guess i still have to wait for a real comm program for my //GS..

Joe  [the above opinions are mine alone a do not repflect my employer)
gotta getthe above in...Or else.....

bblue@nosc.arpa@pnet01.UUCP (Bill Blue) (12/31/86)

> but when u do a Down/Upload u have convert the file to a "T" file first.

Not quite true, Joe.  It depends on what you are transferring to where.
Between MouseTalk's, or MouseTalk and another program that uses the ASCII
Express binary enhancement of xmodem, the file can be transferred directly.
Just like any other binary transfer.  There are a number of file transfer
options and capabilities which are clearly spelled out in the manual.

> Also, it still DOESN'T emulate a VT52..

It most certainly does VT52 and several others.  It doesn't yet do VT100,
but will in a future release.

There is also email support for ASCII Express MouseTalk - you can get your
questions about MouseTalk answered and problems resolved as a registered
customer, or if you have general questions about the product.  If you have
specific functional questions and are a legitimate owner of MouseTalk, you
must have registered your copy (by sending in the registration card to USII)
and include your real name and serial number in the email message.

The email address is

UUCP:   {akgua, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!mtsupport
ARPA:   crash!mtsupport@nosc

--Bill Blue

lexter@pro-abilink.UUCP (Sam Robertson) (12/01/88)

I have heard from MDavis and others about a new version of Mousetalk.  I also
noticed that a person on the net is selling his (v.1.3).  Is there a way to
upgrade and if so, how much?  I like mousetalk and have used it quite a bit (a
borrowed version).  Now, I would like to actually buy it, so any response
would help.  Also, to the person who was mentioning the version, please send
me e-mail about your Mousetalk.

p.s.  To the one who was speaking about the IBM having all the same structure.
!  Are we forgetting that IBM is not just in the PC world.  They have products
using processors I have never heard of.  Thus, one can not say that IBM uses
only 8080 microprocessors.  Also, I don't think that 8088 and the 80286 are
completely the same chip.

Applelink:  Lexter               || Sam Robertson   Pro-Abilink 300/1200/2400
GENIE:      SL.Robertson         || 1357 Santos           Sysop (Saw)
Proline:    Lexter@Pro-Abilink   || Abilene Texas 79605   (915)673-6856

 ps- Most comments I make are ridiculous, ludicrous, and absurd! -Me!

ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Cliff Tuel) (12/04/88)

In article <8812031258.AA26959@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-ascii!pro-carolina!pro-abilink!lexter@nosc.mil writes:
>I have heard from MDavis and others about a new version of Mousetalk.  I also
>noticed that a person on the net is selling his (v.1.3).  Is there a way to
>upgrade and if so, how much?  I like mousetalk and have used it quite a bit (a

For a while the most-recent version of Mousetalk was 1.5; it has now been
upgraded to version 1.5 (yes, one point five -- go figure). The *OLD* 1.5
had problems crashing whenever it felt like it. Call United Software's
technical support at (818) 348-7554 (Calif.), and tell them you want the
upgrade. You just mail 'em your disk and they'll send you the new one: FREE.

--
                         ___________________________
-------------------------  _    .       ___         --------------------------

jlongen@pacsbb.UUCP (joseph longenecker) (12/05/88)

> In article <8812031258.AA26959@crash.cts.com>, lexter@pro-abilink.UUCP
> (Sam 07> Robertson) writes:
> I have heard from MDavis and others about a new version of Mousetalk.
> I have noticed that a person on the net is selling his (v.1.3).
> Is there an upgrade and if so, how much?

I have Version 1.5 of MouseTalk, and it gives me DEC VT 100 Emulation
among other goodies.  The upgrade from 1.2 cost me about $25.00, plus
postage.  I am presently using MouseTalk, and it is great, though if
you are purchasing a communications program, you might want to look
at ProTerm, I understand it is more powerful than MouseTalk.

Hope this helps.  Remember: Persons disagreeing with your facts are
always emotional and employ faulty reasoning!

Joseph Longenecker
UUCP Path:  rutgers!cbmvax!temvax!pacsbb!jlongen

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (12/06/88)

In article <6406@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Cliff Tuel) writes:
>The *OLD* 1.5 had problems crashing whenever it felt like it.

Yup.  Wonder why US didn't send out an upgrade notice to registered owners?

carlb@pro-avalon.cts.com (Carl Boernecke) (12/07/88)

lexter@pro-avilink.cts.com (Sam Robertson) writes:
| I have heard from MDavis and others about a new version of Mousetalk.  I
| also noticed that a person on the net is selling his (v.1.3).

The current version of MouseTalk is version 1.5, not 1.3.

| Is there a way to upgrade and if so, how much?  I like mousetalk and have
| used it quite a bit (a borrowed version).  Now, I would like to actually
| buy it, so any response would help.  Also, to the person who was mentioning
| the version, please send me e-mail about your Mousetalk.

If you have and older version, I believe you send in the manual cover, and
$15,
and they will send you version 1.5.  I'm not sure about this as I do not own
MouseTalk.

Contact USII for more information.

Send   | UUCP: crash!pro-avalon!carlb     InterNet: carlb@pro-avalon.cts.com |
E-Mail | ARPA: crash!pro-avalon!carlb@nosc.mil     ProLine: carlb@pro-avalon |
to --> |   ProLine [pro-avalon] - (619) 271-0131 - 300-2400 bps - 24 hours   |