[comp.sys.apple] Mousecard

lfischer@topaz.rutgers.edu (Lawrence Fischer) (10/20/87)

For my old II+ I have a mouse interface card bought at tcf along with
an optical mouse.  These toys work (On my fathers IIE) and Im sure
they will work on my II+ but I dont have any software on a II+ that
uses a mouse and (dont ask me why) I am interested in writing some.
My problem is that I dont have a clue how one deals with this card.
As I see it since reasonably current IIE software knows how to use it,
it must conform to spec.  Anyone have those specs???

			Replies to me please...
			Lawrence Fischer

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (10/23/87)

The ][e Technical Manual will, I believe, provide you with lots of specs. HHow-
ever, I don't have it in front of me. The ][c Technical Manuals certainly do
have such specs.

****DISCLAMER: My comments, etc., are my own shakey opinions ********

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca |
  |  ARPA: halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu                                     |
  |  BITNET: HALP@CRNLTHRY      D57J@CORNELLA      D57J@CRNLVAX5           |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601   |

fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (10/26/87)

In article <8710230121.AA19609@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU>, halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") writes:
> The ][e Technical Manual will, I believe, provide you with lots of specs. HHow-
> ever, I don't have it in front of me. The ][c Technical Manuals certainly do
> have such specs.

The "Apple //e Technical Reference Manual" doesn't say anything useful
about the Mouse Card. (Unless Apple's revised the version that I
revised and is available in bookstores, published by Addison-Wesley.)

The reason that mouse info was left out was that, unlike the //c and
Mac, very few Apple //e's were equipped with mice.  On the other hand,
a large percentage had the extended 80-column card (128K memory) and
at least one Super Serial Card.  Therefore, those devices were described
in the manual.

The "Apple //c Technical Reference Manual" does give the mouseport
signal pinouts and levels and timing.  Just about all you should need
short of making your own mouse card from scratch...

The two implementations are pretty close, the differences generally
being ignorable.  Should work for the Mac, too, come to think of it.

	seh

mmcnew@pro-freedom.cts.com (Monty McNew) (12/12/88)

Anyone know where one can purchase a mouse card for the //e?  Without the
mouse.  I have a friend who purchased a Hayes Mach IV Plus Quad (or something
like that) joystick.  He did not understand that he has to have the mouse card
to make it double as a joystick and mouse.  Dealers in our area will not sell
the Mouse card and mouse seperately.

Certainly some mail order house will have something like this?
|  |  UUCP: crash!pro-freedom!mmcnew      Freedom Board    "What's behind |  |
||||  ProLine: mmcnew@pro-freedom      |1|206  699-4477|9|    me is not   ||||
||||  \|/ Alien Invasion Landing Site: |M|  Apple*Van  |6|       ---      ||||
|||| {o o}                             |E| PO Box 2221 |6|       The      ||||
||||  \=/  AILS: 45 37 N / 122 36 W    |G|Vancouver, WA|3|  Gumball Rally ||||