[comp.sys.apple] Apple Educational Discount Program for Public School Teachers

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (12/13/88)

A mathematics teacher in the Ithaca School District (Ithaca, NY) has asked me
to inquire whether the Apple Educational Discount Program for Public School
Teachers still exists. If it does, how does he proceed to make contact with
it?

This teacher is interested in a Mac, but cannot afford the full price. He is
considering an IBM PS2/25, for which he has been offered an educational
discount, as an alternative (please don't respond with agruments about the
relative merits of the PS2/25 versus a Mac. I agree in advance, but the
arguments are irrelevant in this instance).

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca    |
  |  INTERNET:halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu  BITNET:D57J@CORNELLA  D57J@CRNLVAX5|
  |  UUCP:{vax135,rochester,decvax}!cornell!batcomputer!halp                  |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601      |

aash@ms.uky.edu (aashi deacon) (12/15/88)

In article <8812130052.AA20148@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") writes:

>A mathematics teacher in the Ithaca School District (Ithaca, NY) has asked me
>to inquire whether the Apple Educational Discount Program for Public School
>Teachers still exists. If it does, how does he proceed to make contact with
>it?
>
>This teacher is interested in a Mac, but cannot afford the full price. He is

Here at the University of Kentucky, we have a program to sell Apple Macs
at a very good discount (40% off retail?), so I know the program exists.
I don't know if this program applies to anything other than colleges or
universities.  (As a side note we also sell IBM PS/2s, Zeniths, and
soon may sell Wangs)

Don't know if this helps, but I hope so!

--
aash
aash@ms.uky.edu

All things are relative.  It just takes a great mind to relate them.