[net.music] Norman and Suzy

mm@vaxine.UUCP (Mark Mudgett) (10/29/85)

[]
>From: levasseur@morgan.DEC (Ray  EMD & S Admin  223-5027)
>Lastly, do any of you Boston area folks remember "Stormin Norman
>and Susie?" They played the Boston/Cambridge club scene about 7-8
>years ago and had two LP's out. The ex-wife took the albums when
>she left. SN & S were a really good act.  She had a voice
>somewhat similar to Janis Joplin's, Norman played piano.  Really
>good blues! Are they still around? Are their records available
>anywhere?

     Stormin' Norman and Suzy are still at it.  The team of Norman Zamchek
(piano) and Suzy Williams (vocal) is based in New York City now.  They
perform as a duo, or as part of a six piece band including bass, drums,
guitar, and sax(es).  Both the band and the duo are billed as "Stormin'
Norman and Suzy".  I don't know where they perform in New York, but they still
make it to Boston occasionally.  In the past year, they have played in the
Copley Plaza Hotel's Venetion Room as part of Water Music, Inc's "Jazz at the
Plaza" series, at the Charles Hotel/Charles Square grand opening party, and I
believe they also played on one of the Boston Harbor Concert Cruises.
      They still do a variety of blues, barrelhouse, rock and roll, and New
Orleans funk.  And Suzy still looks as sleazy as ever on stage.  A most
enjoyable act.  (I have no info on their albums.)
--
 Mark C. Mudgett