[comp.sys.apple] Gs/Os Print Drivers

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/20/88)

Does anyone have any information on how to write GS/OS printer drivers? The
GS Toolbox reference manuals say "There is no information currently available
on this subject".

Is this info part of the tech notes? If so, does someone have an electronic
copy they could mail me?

Thanx a meg...

jawaid bazyar
jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
(The wonderful frostbitten U of I)

scott@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (12/21/88)

From article <113300028@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>, by jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:

> Does anyone have any information on how to write GS/OS printer drivers? The
> GS Toolbox reference manuals say "There is no information currently available
> on this subject".
>
> Is this info part of the tech notes? If so, does someone have an electronic
> copy they could mail me?

Yes, it's in the Apple // tech notes, (#35, FYI.  #36 is Port Driver specs)
but unfortunately I only have a hard copy... & they just recently deleted ALL
Apple // tech notes from AppleLink <sigh>.

I'll try to make note of when the tech notes reappear.  In the meantime,
maybe someone else has a soft copy.

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark Johnson) (12/21/88)

In article <7510@claris.com> scott@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) writes:

>Yes, it's in the Apple // tech notes, (#35, FYI.  #36 is Port Driver specs)
>but unfortunately I only have a hard copy... & they just recently deleted ALL
>Apple // tech notes from AppleLink <sigh>.
>
>I'll try to make note of when the tech notes reappear.  In the meantime,
>maybe someone else has a soft copy.

The completely revised Apple II Technical Notes will be reposted to AppleLink
within a few days -- just as soon as we convert the last few (finally) to
ASCII format.

While on the topic, I would like to hear from anyone maintaining on-line
archives of Apple II software and documentation in the US and anywhere in
the world who would be interested in receiving Tech Notes on a regular basis.

It's time the Notes came "directly from the horse's mouth," so if list
maintainers send me requests, I'll make sure you receive the Notes.  Thanks.

Mark B. Johnson                                           AppleLink: m.johnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.            UUCP: {amdahl,decwrl,sun,voder}!apple!mjohnson