[comp.sys.apple] Appleworks and RAM

SCP@cup.portal.com (Sunshine Computer Products) (12/27/88)

I currently maintain a large database with Appleworks, and it is beginning to
outgrow the standard desktop that Appleworks allows.  (I have Appleworks 1.3)
I have a Laser 128EX, which has a built-in memory expansion board.  If I add
256K to this board, will Appleworks recognize it as extra desktop space? If not
what do I have to do to get it recognized?

Doug Granzow     sun!portal!cup.portal.com

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get 120ns 41256 chips cheap, let me know.

matthew@sunpix.UUCP ( Sun NCAA) (12/30/88)

In article <12972@cup.portal.com>, SCP@cup.portal.com writes:
> I currently maintain a large database with Appleworks, and it is beginning to
> outgrow the standard desktop that Appleworks allows.  (I have Appleworks 1.3)
> I have a Laser 128EX, which has a built-in memory expansion board.  If I add
> 256K to this board, will Appleworks recognize it as extra desktop space?
>If not what do I have to do to get it recognized?

I believe that the Laser 128EX's built-in memory expansion board emulates the
Applied Engineering's RamWorks boards. Shoot from that angle and try and get
the Appleworks patches for that board.

No... AppleWorks will not recognize the extra memory without help.

--
Matthew Lee Stier     (919) 469-8300|
Sun Microsystems ---  RTP, NC  27560|          "Wisconsin   Escapee"