[comp.sys.apple] BinHex, BLU, standards?

scott@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (12/30/88)

Not having used the various // compression/squeezing/etc'ing programs much,
my question is how to BinHex a file.  E.g., I've got a DA that I want to
upload to comp.binaries.apple2.  I use BLU to squeeze it and convert it to
binary (or maybe not squeeze it ['ts tiny!]).  Now.  What do I need in
order to generate a text file that can be exec'd from BASIC?
Thanks.

--
Scott Lindsey, wombat    | UUCP: {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!scott
Product Development      | Internet:  scott@claris.com  |  AppleLink: LINDSEY1

matthew@sunpix.UUCP ( Sun NCAA) (01/03/89)

In article <7729@claris.com>, scott@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) writes:
> Not having used the various // compression/squeezing/etc'ing programs much,
> my question is how to BinHex a file.  E.g., I've got a DA that I want to
> upload to comp.binaries.apple2.  I use BLU to squeeze it and convert it to
> binary (or maybe not squeeze it ['ts tiny!]).  Now.  What do I need in
> order to generate a text file that can be exec'd from BASIC?
> Thanks.

> Scott Lindsey, wombat    | UUCP: {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!scott

What your asking for is a program that called The Executioner.  It is a ProDOS
based program that will convert Applesoft programs into executable text files.

It will also convert small to medium sized binary files into files that when
exec'ed under Applesoft will recreate the original files. It should be availble
on most Apple related or supportive BBS' (try Applelink PE).

--
Matthew Lee Stier     (919) 469-8300|
Sun Microsystems ---  RTP, NC  27560|          "Wisconsin   Escapee"