[comp.sys.apple] SCSI revision answer

>Date:         Sun, 1 Jan 89 15:24:07 EST
>From:         Alan Stein <STEIN%UCONNVM.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
>Subject:      SCSI Revision Question

>How can I tell what revision Apple SCSI card I have?

Look at the sticker on the ROM chip in the middle top of the card; if you
have revision C, it should say something very much like

   431-0437-A
   Version 2.0

Otherwise you have revision A or B, and you should get the free upgrade
from your dealer.

'course, another way you can tell if you have C or not is to install
the SCSI.DRIVER on a 3.5" GS/OS disk and see if it recognizes the
drives on your SCSI card.... :-)

>Alan H. Stein    Department of Mathematics
>The University of Connecticut at Waterbury

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (01/04/89)

  Thanks for your reply.  The ROM on my SCSI card (purchased just a week
ago) says 341-0437-A (not 431-0437-A) and does not say version 2.0, so
I assume I'd better check with my dealer and get the upgrade.
  I can't see if the ADU recognizes my hard disk because that's still
on back order.

Alan H. Stein    Department of Mathematics
The University of Connecticut at Waterbury
32 Hillside Avenue, Waterbury, CT 06710
(203) 757-1231

Internet: stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
BITNET:   STEIN@UCONNVM
UUCP:    {rutgers psuvax1 ucbvax & in Europe mcvax} !UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
Compu$erve: 71545,1500       Genie:  ah.stein